CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 3, 2010

A New Beginning...

Since my last blog post, much has happened! I ended my volunteer time on Aug. 20th. I said good-bye to several close friends who have moved on to other places. I said good-bye to my home. I said good-bye to my office. I said good-bye to my cat.

But, most importantly, I got a new job. And I moved back to Kentucky. I accepted a position as a Coordinator for Family Advocacy and Christian Partners with CAP. I am very excited about this and know this is where God wants me. I will be coordinating some very exciting changes in the Family Advocacy program, including a program that focusing on partnerships with our participants, instead of being seen as a hand-out. However, this is all a big transition for me. I have moved to Berea, KY, and am adjusting to life outside of a large community and as an employee. I appreciate your prayers as we all adjust to these changes in the programs and in my life.

Additionally, I am also approaching a milestone birthday. I have made a "bucket list" as I approach the special day in January. I tend to be more productive if I make lists and set guidelines, but I had no intention of making this list public. I also did not create this list with any intention of feeling guilty if I didn't complete it. I think any milestone birthday gives one a chance to reflect on where you are in your life and set goals. I hope that this list offers me this chance to do that. And when my birthday comes, I hope I can look back at the last few months as a time that I created long-term positive patterns and stepped outside of my comfort zone a few times. I hope to share a few of my experiences along the way.

0 comments: