Yesterday I had just gotten to my spinning class and it started raining (or "pouring the rain" as they say here). It was a pretty significant storm and we could watch it as we took our class (a nice distraction from intense exercise). But, after a few minutes, as it continued raining very hard, the sun began to shine. I'm sure there was a rainbow in the sky, but it was blocked by the awning over our window. Then, it cleared up, and turned into a beautiful, sunny evening.
This made me think of how often this is true in my own life. That I am in a "storm" (or think I am)....I am stressed, concerned, upset....and then it clears up way more quickly than I had anticipated. And everything's ok. And it wasn't really that big of a deal.
Now I know that I'm young and probably haven't gone through any really significant storms, but I love how even in the strongest storms-those real storms of life-God can still break through the clouds...even through the rain, thunder and lightning. I hope we all look up for the rainbow.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment